Pets, Pets, Pets!!
We do allow pets!
But we do have some rules and
guidelines that must be adhered too.
Please continue reading.
You must get written permission!!
See how below!
Not all people are fond of pets though we find that most pagans are and consider them a part of the family. We have, also, found there is a pet for everyone. We have all kinds of different pets that have attended our festivals and their families have taken outstanding care of them at festivals so we can continue to give you the opportunity to bring your pets with you.
Below are rules and suggestions that we ask you to follow for the best festival experience for everyone, including your special friends.
- Pets are welcome, with written permission, and are to be the responsibility of the owner. Below is an email address you can contact if you wish to bring your friends. Just a simple email telling us the type of pet you have & other information you think we will need to the coordinator will do the trick! firstname.lastname@example.org is all you need to get the ball rolling!
- Pets causing problems or not under control will be asked to leave at the discretion of Ranch and PF.
- Dogs are not to be allowed to run free and leash laws apply. All dogs are to have proof of vaccinations.
- Dogs that will not be allowed to the event are: Pit Bulls, Chows, and Rottweilers. We know they are great dogs but we have to follow the guidelines of the insurance company.
- If your pet is not used to camping or having other people around, please be aware that this will be a great stress on your pet. They may act out, bark or make a lot more noise than usual. This is their way of telling you they are stressed. Spend more time with them.
- Kennels and carriers are great for dogs if they are used to them at home. To a dog that is their house and seeing something familiar in an unfamiliar situation will help to calm them. Dogs do not know that you aren't supposed to chew through the side of your tent. If they want out, they will find a way.
- If you plan to use a kennel or carrier at the festival so you can leave your pet while doing other activities away from your camping area, again,please be sure they are kennel trained at home. Sticking them in a kennel for the first time and locking the door to leave will result in all kinds of crying, barking, anything to get out behavior. Again, extreme stress on the pet.
- Please take your pet away from the camping area to relieve themselves. And please be considerate and pick up after your pooch.
Merlin doing the "BIG EAGLE!!"
- A number of people bring their birds to festival. We are not familiar with the birds of prey in the area so please be cautious. A hawk or eagle could swoop down & snatch your brightly colored unaware friend before you realize it.
- If you bring a bird to festival, please have its wings clipped. They may never fly at home & you may not know they can fly, but one little fright & off they will go, up into those huge oak trees. They will be so panicked that they may not recognize you or know what to do to get back into your loving arms.
- Please be aware of your pets needs before you come to festival.
If you have filled out the Pet Permission form on the Pet Page located in under the "Festival Information" Menu, then there is no need to fill out another one! You have already completed the Pet Permission Form!!
Darlene was a certified AKC trainer, a manager for Petsmart for several years, and certified in several different pet, animal, bird, reptile, & aquatic health, diet, and behaviors. Pets are very important to her and she will be more than happy to help you. If you have a question, please ask her. Just email her at your convenience.